One-Time Assistance Program
The West Seattle Helpline provides one-time assistance to our neighbors in need. Whether this is help with an overdue bill, bus tickets to get to job interviews, or information about other local resources, we help members of our community get back on their feet after a crisis or hardship.
Important facts to know before requesting one-time assistance:
- You must live at a Seattle, WA address within one of the following zip codes:
98106, 98116, 98126, 98136, 98146.
- You may only request one-time assistance (financial and/or transportation) once every 2 months & receive one-time assistance once every 12 months
- We can only provide financial assistance for overdue bills
- We fund requests for one-time, transitional support. We encourage those needing ongoing or longer-term financial support to call 2-1-1.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee that you will receive assistance.
- We are not able to provide direct financial assistance for:
- Moving costs
- Move-in deposits
- Bills that are not past their due date
If we are unable to provide direct services, we will do our best to connect you to other local organizations, programs, and resources that can help.
TO REQUEST ONE-TIME ASSISTANCE, CALL OUR ASSISTANCE HOTLINE: 206-932-HELP (206-932-4357)
If you do not have access to a phone, you can also submit your request online by clicking here.
Looking for other resources? Call 2-1-1 OR click here to search their online resource database: