One-Time Assistance Program
The West Seattle Helpline provides one-time assistance to our neighbors in need. Whether this is help with an overdue bill, bus tickets to get to job interviews, or information about local resources and other service providers, we focus on helping members of our community get back on their feet after a crisis or hardship.
Important facts to know before applying for one-time assistance:
- You must live at a Seattle, WA address within one of the following zip codes: 98106, 98116, 98126, 98136, 98146.
- You may only receive one-time assistance once every 12 months
- You may only apply for one-time assistance once every 2 months
- We can only provide direct financial assistance for overdue bills
- Submitting an application does not guarantee rent, utility, or transportation assistance
- Applications that demonstrate a plan to increase future financial stability are more likely to receive rent, utility, or transportation assistance
- Applications that demonstrate a need for one-time, transitional support rather than longer-term needs are more likely to receive rent, utility, or transportation assistance
- All applicants must provide identification for themselves, members of their household, and verification of income and bill information to receive one-time assistance.
- We are not able to provide direct financial assistance for:
- Moving costs
- Move-in deposits
- Bills that are not past their due date
If we are unable to provide direct services, we will do our best to connect you to other local organizations, programs, and resources that can help.